So, you have been running a business for a few years and now you want to take advantage of the opportunities in the digital world? Or, you are just exploring the possibilities of opening a new e-commerce store and want to know what are your options?
You are in the right place. I am going to share you my past 20 years experience with the web and the e-commerce webcu development services our company offers.
If this article sounds very boring and too long for you but you still want some quick guidance on e-commerce website development, give us a call and we will guide you on how to get started with your e-commerce business in Kerala or anywhere in the world. We have helped numerous companies to be successful in e-commerce business and our custom developed application may be a good choice for you to instantly start with your online business.
HatchingWeb Solutions – Leading E-commerce Web Development Company in Kerala
HatchingWeb Solutions is the e-commerce development division of SpiderWorks. If you are looking for a reliable and experienced company to develop an e-commerce website for you, you can contact HatchingWeb Solutions. We will be happy to provide you with references from our happy clients.
Phone: +91 949 555 9690
I started my association with e-commerce web applications in the year 2000. I was working in the USA as a web developer and I was hired by an e-commerce platform development company called “Broadvision” in the USA, the same company that developed e-commerce websites for global giants like Walmart, Home Depot etc.
I was hired to play a key role in the new e-commerce portal for Home Depot, one of the most popular global furniture and home improvement store in the world. It was so fortunate for me to get involved in such a massive enterprise level project and work with several architects and e-commerce specialists. I learnt a lot in architecture level and also in the implementation level.
The best practices and bad practices I learnt during my association with various e-commerce companies in the USA during my 10+ year long career in the USA helped me a lot in developing world-class web applications when I started SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd (digital marketing company) and Hatching Web Solutions (e-commerce application development company in Kerala).
How to choose the e-commerce development company for your online store?
Once you make a decision to start your online store, the next big question is, which company to hire to develop the online store for you. A quick Google search will show you hundreds of small and large companies offering online store development services. You may try to get quotes from multiple companies and that will make you more confused. The cost quoted by each company will vary significantly and you will not know which one to choose and what features are important for you. Some of the companies will show you hundreds of features in their application while others may just show you a single feature – ‘online shop’.
Before you choose the product purely based on the cost and the number of features available, take a step back and think – do you really need a lot of features? Too many features also mean too many complications for you and for your customers.
Essential Features for E-commerce Web Applications
Here are some essential features you need to look for when you choose an e-commerce application:
1. Product listing by category: This is the core feature of any online store. There should be an option to list the products by categories.
Should be able to create new categories. I have seen some web stores that come with predefined categories, especially small applications created for small companies. Make sure you will be able to create unlimited categories in your online store.
2. Sort Products: Over a period of time, you may end up selling hundreds of products in your store. Your consumers should be able to browse the products and should be able to sort by price, name etc.
3. Filter Products: Take a look at Amazon or Flipkart. When you search for certain products, you will see hundreds or even thousands of products listed. Browsing through such a huge list and finding your choice is really tough unless there is a “Filter” option. Make sure the application you shortlist has a “Filter” option where you can filter products in every category based on multiple parameters like price range, features, availability etc.
4. Navigate by Brand: A customer has decided to buy a certain type of product. What if he has some preferences for the brand. For example, if a person wants to buy a grinder and he wants to see only the products from a particular brand? An ideal e-commerce application should have the options to browse products by brand or filter products by brand.
5. Multiple Payment Options: A customer made up the mind to buy from you and even went to all the steps adding to the shopping cart and checking out. But he is stuck at the payment step since his preferred mode of payment is not available. That’s the last thing you want to happen. Before you finalise your e-commerce website, check what are the payment options. Does it support all major credit cards, debit cards, UPI, online transfer, Paytm etc? The more the better. Also, consider the Cash-On-Delivery option as well. In India, still a lot of people do not have the online payment facilities and they would be happy to pay when you deliver the product to them.
Cost Effective E-Commerce Application Development Company in Kerala
Hatching Web, a subsidiary of SpiderWorks Technologies established in 2005, is a cost-effective e-commerce application development company in Kerala
. Our founder has been associated with global e-commerce companies like Home Depot (USA), Omron (Japan), Walmart (USA), Bank of America, Hewlett Packard and more. With decades of experience in this field, Hatching Web has developed a comprehensive e-commerce solution that is highly customizable and scalable for any size of business.
Whether you have a small shop that wants to go online or have a multi-country e-commerce portal, we have it covered. Hatching Web e-commerce application can be customised for any type of e-commerce requirement and offers excellent performance and features. Also, you can find a list of web development companies in Kochi
in the next blog post.
Features included in Hatching Web e-commerce application includes:
1. Unlimited product categories
2. Unlimited number of products
5. Related products with dynamic relation building
6. Offers, discounts and coupons
7. Combo product offers
8. Multiple payment gateway support
9. Multi-store options
10. Store pickup
11. Door delivery
12. Product returns
13. Advanced Order tracking
14. Comprehensive SEO support
15. Social Media integration
16. Social Media Marketing support
18. Product navigation by Brand
19. Customisable user interface
How much it costs to develop an e-commerce website in Kerala?
Well, the cost depends on a lot of factors including the features and quality of the product offered. Freelancers can develop low-cost e-commerce applications and deliver at a very low cost. But you cannot expert professional support and long term support. Even if it costs a bit extra, it is always advisable to go for a professional e-commerce application development company. Your product is not a one time purchase. Your entire online business is going to depend on the e-commerce application you are buying and long term support and product stability is very important.
Professional companies like Hatching Web are not the cheapest solutions. But what we assure is the value for your money. You may pay us a bit more than what you will have to pay to the freelancers but we will deliver what we promise. Our product has been developed with nearly two decades of experience in the e-commerce field and you will the value in the product we deliver.
By offering our customisable solution to a large number of clients across the world, we are able to deliver our product at a very reasonable price, even though it is not the cheapest e-commerce website you can buy in Kerala.
If you are planning to start your e-commerce website in Kerala, let us know and we can come up with the best pricing according to your requirements.
What are the minimum features required when developing an e-commerce website?
You would have seen very sophisticated shopping websites like Amazon, Flipkart etc. There are hundreds of features built into such websites with very advanced data analytics and customer behaviour tracking. Developing such features can make your application very expensive and also affect your maintenance costs. Tracking a huge volume of data and updating such data on day to day basis will require a lot of manpower and other resources. You need to consider whether you have such budget and resources.
If you are planning a very small store, you can start with a simple web application that lists the products in your store category wise and customers can do a simple checkout process. Once your business start growing, you can enhance your product by adding more and more features to support your evolving requirements.
One advantage in going with Hatching Web e-commerce website is, we have a lot of features already built into our product. But to keep things simple and offer you a cost-effective solution, we do not include all of those features on our basic product. If you are looking for a very simple e-commerce website, we can give you a basic version of our software at a very affordable cost. When you need more features, all we have to do is, add the required features to your website and you need to pay only for the features you want to use.
How to start an e-commerce store in Kerala?
Once you made up your mind to start an online store in Kerala, there is a lot of work to be done. I am assuming that you already have a physical store and you already know what products are you going to sell. Below are some of the steps that need to be done in order to get started with online selling in Kerala:
1. Buy a suitable do domain name for your e-commerce store. Make sure the domain reflects your brand and the purpose of your store.
2. Develop an e-commerce application. You can hire a few programmers and develop in-house according to your specific requirements. If you do not have a programming background, this may not be a good idea since your developers will need architectural support from an experienced person to develop a solid application. An alternative option is to outsource application development to a company. Outsourcing e-commerce application development can cost you anywhere between Rs 2 Lakhs to Rs 10 Lakhs. The most cost-effective approach would be to buy an e-commerce solution from a reputed company like Hatching Web.
3. Host your website and point your domain to your website.
4. Add the products to your online store and set the price for all products.
5. Signup with a payment gateway service and link it with your bank account so that you can receive the payments directly to your bank account through the payment gateway.
If you have any questions regarding starting an online store, contact us today and we can guide you through every aspect of it.
Call us today: +91 949 555 9690